Sunday 15 May 2011

Singing in the shower - good acoustics or what?

So there I was this morning, singing away and enjoying the perfect resonance of the bathroom, when my beloved wife very politely asked me to keep the noise down! Now I accept that her argument was that I was singing one song and Dan was in the other room singing another one and that the two didn't really complement each other that well.

But it did get me thinking that our audience may never enjoy the sounds of our voices quite as much as we do ourselves.

And that in turn made me think about the delights (or otherwise) of last night's Eurovision song contest.

Personally I liked the Iceland song the best, nice harmony, shared out the melody between them, looked as if they enjoyed singing with each other and quite a good song too. I would have thought that the sob story that accompanied it would have ticked some boxes too. But it seems that Azerbaijan was the favourite. Hey ho.

I don't expect to ever sing to a crowd the size of that at the Eurovision yesterday, nor do I expect that anyone would be over impressed if I did so (though Bosnia and Herzegovina did well). So perhaps I'll stick to singing in the shower, to my audience of one and a half, and carry on enjoying the null point (please use French accent) that I gained this morning.

Better luck to the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment