Thursday 1 September 2011

Copa, Copacabana....

It's amazing how a couple of fruit kebabs and a cup of pineapple and orange juice can make you feel like you really are in Havana, well ok may that is a slight exaggeration, but the delight on everyone's faces last night when we turned up to our "Copa Night" certainly got us off to a good start!

So let's set the scene, there we all are, eating, drinking and eagerly awaiting to hear all about the buzz of our latest company production and the audition parts available, with the Copacabana CD on in the background to get us in the mood!

As each part was explained - some with a little innuendo - you could see everyone's brains ticking over, deciding which part was ideal for them.

The interesting thing I found out about Copacabana as a production is that, as long as you have a mid-range of notes (you can sing) and you can make yourself look older or younger than you really are (you can apply make-up and wear different costumes) then every part is available for everyone! - There is even a part for someone who can't sing, ironic for a musical theatre production.

I feel that the audition panel will have their work cut out this year with all the talent we have in the company, I want to wish everyone good luck for whatever they are auditioning for - I'm sure that we will all have good fun being a part of the production whichever part we play!

Once again - Good Luck!


2 comments:

  1. Hi David,
    Welcome to the blog! It's great to see new contributors to the site - now you just need to share your post with all your friends and ask folk to start making comments!
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hear anything explained with a little innuendo - all I heard was things explained with *loads* of innuendo. (Yes, Dave, I can't wait to see your Willie.)

    I'm not going to be auditioning for "person who does really bad auditions" - I think I'm already typecast enough.

    ReplyDelete